Former Mitt Romney and Rick Scott communications guru Susan Hepworth joins us to talk about Brother Romney's 2008 and 2012 runs for president, as well as Mitt Romney's decision not to compete in 2016, and how Mormonism factored into the whole thing. She also tries to convince us to move to Florida, which, no.
Aside from plenty of Mitt Romney talk, we have other news, including a fast for the Rome Temple, which has been met with all sorts of road blocks and is years behind schedule with construction. Keep it in your prayers.
Nary a week after leaders from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints encouraged lawmakers to find a balance between religious freedom and fundamental civil rights for the LGBT population, Idaho lawmakers - many of them Mormon - thumbed their collective noses at the idea, voting down a bill that would have afforded gays and lesbians with new protections. So... way to be, Idaho.
Also, check out the Trib Talk below where Elders Oaks and Christofferson are a bit more off-the-cuff, and Elder Oaks responds to his comment on the Church "never apologizing."
This year's biggest Oscar snub is not anything related to Selma missing out on acting and directing nominations, or The LEGO Movie getting snubbed for Best Animated Feature. No, this year's snub is the failure to nominate Meet the Mormons for Best Documentary. Sure, we could blame this on not sending out screeners early enough. *cough* However, now you can watch Meet the Mormons on digital demand, currently on iTunes and Amazon Instant, but soon on Netflix, Google Play, and a host of other nondescript streaming services. Also, for physical medium adherents, you can get it on Blu-ray or DVD.
Did you see the survey that the Church put out on temple garments? It's closed now, but it was rad.
An atheist is making money selling bibles, and journalists want to know if he feels morally compromised.
Nightline ran a great segment on sister missionaries, which included questions about their bras. Keep it classy, ABC.
* Meet the Mormons digital download (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865620972/Meet-the-Mormons-available-Tuesday-through-iTunes-video-on-demand.html)
* Idaho doesn't listen to SLC (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2015/01/30/days-after-mormon-church-endorses-some-lgbt-protections-lds-lawmakers-in-idaho-vote-against-them/)
* Garments survey (http://thisweekinmormons.com/2015/01/new-lds-church-survey-temple-garments/)
* Rome Temple fast (http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/2114069-155/italys-mormons-fast-pray-as-work)
* Atheists make money on Bibles (http://www.businessinsider.com/atheist-makes-100000-selling-bibles-2015-2)
* Sister missionaries on Nightline (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wave-mormon-missionaries-young-energetic-female/story?id=27924269)
* Follow Susan Hepworth on Twitter (https://twitter.com/shepworth)